Hello Yorktown Upcoming Events!
Extreme Heat in the Forecast, Tips for Staying Cool
Extreme heat can be very dangerous for the elderly, the very young, those with certain health & heart related conditions, and those without access to air conditioning. Some easy things you can do to prevent the heat from getting to you are to:
• Find air conditioning. If you don’t have it at home, go to a public place like a mall during the hottest hours of the day.
• Avoid direct sunlight. Wear a hat with a large brim.
• Wear light, loose-fitting clothing.
• Take cool showers or baths.
• Drink water often. Don’t wait until you are thirsty.
• Avoid alcohol and drinks with high sugar content.
For more info visit: http://www.cdc.gov/extremeheat
Summer Concerts at the Gazebo featuring Java Jive
Date/Time: Sunday, July 7th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Jack DeVito Veterans Memorial Park Gazebo, Veterans Road, Yorktown Heights
Details: The Yorktown Lion’s Club and the Yorktown Parks & Rec Dept will host the Audi Mohegan Lake 19th Annual Summer Concert Series at the John “Jack” DeVito Gazebo on Veterans Road. All concerts are free and open to the public. Join us Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 8:00 PM for great music this summer! Rain location is in the Yorktown Stage.
Full concert schedule: http://www.yorktownny.org/parksandrecreation/19th-annual-summer-concerts-gazebo
Free Outdoor Movie & Concert
Date/Time: Thursday, July 11th Kids Concert at 7:15 pm, Movie begins at dusk
Location: Jack DeVito Veterans Memorial Park, Veterans Road, Yorktown Heights
Details: Kids Concert featuring Beth & Scott and Friends. The movie Despicable Me begins at dusk. Bring chairs, blankets, and snacks!
Have a great week!