October 2, 2012
Meeting highlights. For a summary of all 20 agenda items, visit ciyinfo.org.
1. Garbage bid: Supervisor Grace announced that two bids were received based on the revised specs; one was $1 million less than the current contract price and a second, from the current vendor, was $500,000 less. The Board is currently reviewing the bid submissions.
2. Fluoride: Councilman Paganelli raised the issue of whether the Town should continue adding fluoride to its water supply.
3. Costco: Announcements were made about two upcoming meetings relating to the DEIS and the formation of a new pro Costco group, Citizens for a Progressive Yorktown, http://www.progressiveyorktown.com.
4. Senior Issues. Gil Kaufmann, chairman of the Senior Advisory Committee discussed the much discussed project to renovate the bathrooms in the YCCC.
5. Yorktown Fire District audit. Arthur Orneck, chairman of the Board of Fire Commissioners, stated that the district has submitted annual audits that are on file in the clerk’s office.
6. Mill Pond/Hunterbrook drainage: Supervisor Grace said that the Town is working on the problem.
7. Volunteer Boards: Roxanne Visconti was appointed to ABACA (Advisory Board of Architecture and Community Appearance for a three year term.
8. JV Mall: Proposed zoning ordinance amendments
Representatives of the JV Mall have submitted proposed amendments updating the 30-year old zoning ordinance text governing parking, signage and bulk requirements.
9. Financial consultant: The Board hired the firm of Duffy Terenzi to act as the Town’s financial consultant and assist the finance department until the end of the year at a cost of up to $9,000 a month.
10. Granite Knolls barn: The asbestos abatement contractor has withdrawn his offer to do the job.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2012 Citizens for an Informed Yorktown, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted to receive these meeting summaries.
Our mailing address is:
Citizens for an Informed Yorktown
PO Box 193
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598