September 18, 2012
For a summary of all 10 agenda items, plus several issues brought up during Courtesy of the Floor, visit ciyinfo.org
1. Costco. Seven residents spoke out against Costco and one supported it. The opponents said the project is not a “done deal” and invited residents to visit their web site, nocostco.com. The Supervisor said he would like to have a dialog with the anti-Costco group. While the Planning Board is the approval authority for the site plan, the Town Board is the approval authority for the permit for the gasoline pumps and the Town Board must also create the sewer district extension for the parcel.
2. Dog Park. The Dog Park Committee informed the Board that the proposed Granite Knolls barn site is too small for the group’s needs and asked the Board to identify an alternate location. Supervisor Grace suggested separate facilities for large and small dogs on each side of Stony Street.
3. Granite Knolls Barn. The Board awarded a bid for the dumpsters and carting away of the demolition debris, but it postponed a discussion on who would do the demolition work. Three quotes were obtained for the asbestos abatement work.
4. Fieldstone Manor subdivision. The Board approved the use of flexibility standards for this 16 lot subdivision off Strawberry Road.
5. Condition of Mohegan Lake. Members of the Mohegan Improvement District board asked the Town Board for assistance in upgrading the condition of the lake.
6. YCCC generators. Supervisor Grace said he wanted to postpone moving ahead with the emergency generator project for the YCCC and Town Hall until budget time.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2012 Citizens for an Informed Yorktown, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted to receive these meeting summaries.
Our mailing address is:
Citizens for an Informed Yorktown
PO Box 193
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598