September 4, 2012
Meeting highlights. For summaries of 17 agenda items, visit http://www.ciyinfo.org
1. Grange Fair tractor parade
The Board authorized overtime for up to three police officers to handle traffic during the parade which begins at the YCCC at 11am on Saturday.
2. Primary Voting
Several voting locations for the September 13th primary had been changed and voters should check with the clerk’s office if they have any questions. 962-5722, ext. 210. The primary is only for the Republican, Conservative and Green parties.
2. Rental fees for service groups at the YCCC
Town Clerk Alice Roker raised the issue of whether service clubs should have to pay when they want to use a room in the YCCC for meetings.
4. School taxes
Councilman Bianco reminded residents that they will be receiving the first part of their school tax bill and that residents who pay their taxes through their bank can, and should, get a free copy of their tax bill by visiting the tax receiver’s office.
5. Slowing traffic on Quinlan Street. A resident asked the Board to revisit installing speed humps (as opposed to bumps) on the street.
6. Water Bills. The Town continues to review how to handle recent bills that include adjustments for previously unbilled water usage.
7. Public Hearing to permit recycling operations in industrial zones
The Board approved allowing recycling operations (collection and processing) in light industrial zones.
8. Granite Knolls Barn & Dog Park
The Board took several steps to demolish the barn with in-house labor and pave the way for a multi-purpose site that will include parking for hikers and a relocated dog park.
9. Revised meeting schedule
The September 11 work session has been canceled due to the 9/11 ceremony and the September 25 work session has been rescheduled to Wednesday September 26 because of the Jewish holiday.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2012 Citizens for an Informed Yorktown, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted to receive these meeting summaries.
Our mailing address is:
Citizens for an Informed Yorktown
PO Box 193
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Add us to your address book